Search This Blog

Sunday, September 19, 2010

Bardin DNA report

I can't believe we got the DNA results back after only 3 weeks.  It is so exciting to find out more information about our family, but I guess I thought they would be able to narrow the results down to a very specific country.

The results are - Haplogroup R1b1b2a1a2f

This haplogroup comes from the region of Europe, population : Irish, Basques, British, French.  The R1b1b2 is the most common haplogroup in western Europe.

The question of Native American Ancestry was not what I expected either.  The report states - Recent Native American ancestry is unlikely.  Though this Ancestry Painting suggests fully European ancestry, it does not rule out the possibility of a Native American ancestor more than five generations ago.  Interpretation - this Y chromosome haplogroup is inconsistent with Native American ancestry along the paternal (father's father's father's...) line.

I hope to keep learning what all of this means to our family history.  I will keep you posted.

No comments:

Post a Comment