Search This Blog

Monday, August 16, 2010

John Pink Bardin and Jettie Viola Dudley

John Pink Bardin and Jettie Viola Dudley - Great-Grandparents
John Pink Bardin is the son of John Stewart Bardin and Millie Ann Mullins.  He was born the 22 November 1881 in Gainesville, Cooke, Texas.  He died 10 June 1960 in Henryetta, Okmulgee, Oklahoma of coronary thrombosis.  John Pink is buried at Westlawn Cemetery in Henryetta, Okmulgee, Oklahoma.

Jettie Viola Dudley is the daughter of Ray Patrick Dudley and Nancy Jane Redman.  She was born 26 May 1888 in Farmerville, Hunt, Texas.  She died 12 November 1953 in Henryetta, Okmulgee, Oklahoma of coronary occlusion.  Jettie Viola is buried at Westlawn Cemetery in Henryetta, Okmulgee, Oklahoma.

John Pink and Jettie Viola were married 18 April 1904 in Indian Territory (Jesse, Pontotoc, Oklahoma).  They were blessed with 12 children - Anna Mae, James (my Grandpa), Albert, John Ray, Vesta, Omie T. Floyd, Virgil, Pinkie Ola, Leonard Leon, JV, Betty Jane and Roy Vone.  Amazingly, 11 children lived to adulthood.  As of 2010 - all of the children have now passed on.

Albert Bardin was born 9 December 1907 in Wapanucka, Johnston, Oklahoma.  He died 10 July 10, 1909 in Wapanucka, Johnston, Oklahoma of dysentery.  Albert is buried at Rose Hill Cemetery in Wapanucka, Johnston, Oklahoma.  He is buried next to his great-grandmother, Sarah Ann Mullins and 2nd great-grandmother, Margaret Baker.

John Ray Bardin was born 4 May 1909 in Wapanucka, Johnston, Oklahom.  He died 14 August 1958 in Albuquerque, Santa Fe, New Mexico in an automobile accident.  Johnny Ray never married.

Each of the other children I'll discuss with their spouses over time.

Unfortunately, I didn't know my great-grandparents since I was born the year after John Pink died.  I'm hoping that maybe through this blog I can get some responses to - What were John Pink and Jettie Viola like, what are some of your memories of them?  I would like to hear your comments so we can build a story around our family rather than just the facts.








Would love to hear from my family - best wishes to all!

1 comment:

  1. Kathy
    What a wonderful idea, Thank you so much. I hope Uncle Jim, Uncle Tom and my Dad can contribute to the story, I'd love to hear more.

    Sheri

    ReplyDelete